To help you find the best usuba knives for your needs, we’ve turned to reviews from actual customers on Amazon who have bought and used these knives for themselves. These best-selling knives not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have countless glowing reviews describing why they are so great.
Read on for the rest of the top usuba knives.
Our Editor’s Best Usuba Knives Reviews
Mercer Culinary M22206 Millennia Black Handle, 6-Inch Narrow, Boning Knife
- This is a review for a usuba knife, which is a type of Japanese knife. The reviewer notes that the knife is made from high-carbon Japanese steel, which is durable and easy to sharpen. They also mention that the knife is well-crafted overall.
- The usuba knives reviews describe the knives as being built for durability and comfort, with a non-slip grip.
- The reviewer says that this knife is ideal for separating meat from the bone, and that it is perfect for deboning chicken, ham, and fish. The reviewer also says that this knife is great for trimming fat and sinew.
- This is a Mercer knife, and it is easy to care for. You should wash it by hand after each use, and make sure to dry it completely. Do not place it in the dishwasher or submerge it for long periods of time.
- The Mercer Culinary Millennia Series is a line of knives that features innovative design and performance to meet the demands of both professional chefs and home cooking enthusiasts. The knives in this series boast a number of features that make them ideal for both groups, including a comfortable grip, a sharp blade, and a durable construction.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12-Piece Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel Knives, Comes with 6-Blades and 6-Blade Guards, Color Coded to Reduce Risk of Cross Contamination, Jewel
- The reviewer is talking about the quality of the knives in the set, saying that they are sharp and precise. They also mention the range of colors that the set offers.
- The usuba knives reviews means that the blades are easy to use and have a long lifespan.
- The usuba knife is a Japanese knife that is used for cutting vegetables. The blade is thinner than a Western chef’s knife, and the edge is usually beveled on one side only. The usuba knife is designed for cutting vegetables, so it is very sharp. The review says that the knife is color coded so that it is less likely to be used for other purposes, like cutting meat.
- The usuba knives reviews set includes eight different knives, each with its own blade guard. The knives vary in size and function, making it a versatile set for any kitchen. The set includes a chef knife, slicing knife, serrated bread knife, santoku knife, utility knife, and paring knife.
- If you’re looking for a new set of knives, the Cuisinart usuba knives reviews are a great option. These knives come with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can be confident in their quality. With a sharp, durable blade, these knives will make quick work of any kitchen task.
Mercer Culinary Brown Millennia Colors Handle, 3-Inch
- The reviewer is saying that the knife is made with high-quality materials and construction, and that it will stay sharp for a long time.
- If you’re looking for a great usuba knife that will offer superior design, comfort, and safety, then this is the knife for you. The ergonomic handle with textured finger points offers a non-slip grip, and the handle is color-coded brown for cooked meats. This knife is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
- This is a review for a usuba knife, which is a small slicing knife that is ideal for intricate cutting, such as creating garnishes, seeding jalapenos, deveining shrimp, or trimming beans.
- The usuba knives reviews tell the shopper that the knife should be washed by hand after each use with warm water and mild soap. The shopper should then rinse and dry the knife completely with a soft towel. The knife should not be placed in the dishwasher or submerged for long periods of time.
- The Mercer Culinary Millennia Series is a line of knives that features innovative design and performance to meet the demands of professional chefs and home cooking enthusiasts. The knives in this series are made with high-quality materials and construction, and they offer a variety of features that make them ideal for use in the kitchen. These knives are designed to provide a comfortable grip, excellent cutting performance, and a long-lasting sharpness.
Mercer Culinary M23670 Renaissance, 8-Inch Granton Edge Slicing Knife
- This is a high-quality knife that is precision-forged with high-carbon German cutlery steel for incredible long-lasting sharpness.
- The usuba knives reviews for a shopper suggest that the knives have a superior design, with a triple riveted ergonomic handle that is tough, lightweight and resistant to excessive physical wear. The rounded spine offers a comfort grip.
- The reviewer is recommending this knife as being good for cutting thin, even slices of meat. They specifically mention that it works well for slicing salmon, ham, turkey breast, and prime rib.
- The usuba knives reviews say that the knives are easy to care for. You should wash them by hand after each use with warm water and mild soap. Rinse and dry completely with a soft towel. Do not place in dishwasher or submerge for long periods of time.
- The Mercer Culinary Renaissance Series is a classic kitchen knife with a combination of extraordinary fit, form and function. This knife works for professional use or the home cooking enthusiast.
KIWI Knife Cook Utility Knives Cutlery Steak Wood Handle Kitchen Tool Sharp Blade 6.5″ Stainless Steel 1 set (2 Pcs) (No.171,172)
- These are steak knives with wooden handles. They are sharp and would be a great addition to any kitchen.
- This is a review for a shopper who is looking for a stainless steel knife. The reviewer says that the knife is very sharp and that it is a great value for the price.
Kai PRO Wasabi Nakiri Knife 6.5″, Ideal Chopping Knife for Vegetables, Great All-Purpose Chef Knife, Professional Nakiri Knife, Hand-Sharpened Japanese Kitchen Knife
- The Kai PRO Wasabi Grey 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife is a Japanese-style vegetable knife that is a favorite of professional chefs and cooking enthusiasts for preparing fruits and vegetables.
- The usuba knives reviews for a shopper say that the straight blade, edge, and spine make this Japanese knife perfect for simple push cuts. The blunt end makes it extra safe to use.
- The usuba knives reviews tell the shopper that the knives are made from high-quality materials that will resist wear and tear. The blades are also easy to sharpen, making them a good choice for the kitchen.
- The usuba knife has a comfortable handle that is easy to use. The traditional Japanese-style symmetrical handle is made from polypropylene.
- This is a positive review for the Kai PRO brand of knives, praising their beauty, function, and ease of use. The reviewer notes that Kai PRO is an established company with a long history in Seki City, Japan, and that their products are available to customers worldwide.
Shun Cutlery Classic Nakiri Knife 6.5″, Ideal Chopping Knife for Vegetables and All-Purpose Chef Knife, Professional Nakiri Knife, Handcrafted Japanese Kitchen Knife
- The Shun Classic 6.5-inch Nakiri Knife is a Japanese-style vegetable knife that is a favorite of professional chefs and cooking enthusiasts for preparing fruits and vegetables.
- The usuba knife is a great option for anyone looking for a safe and simple knife for push cuts. The straight blade and blunt end make it very safe to use, and the edge is perfect for making clean cuts.
- The reviewer is describing the high quality construction of the Shun knife, including the cutting core and the stainless Damascus cladding. They also mention that the knife is resistant to corrosion and staining, and has a sharp edge.
- The reviewer liked the comfortable handle on the usuba knife. They also liked that it was durable and beautiful. They did not like that it could harbor bacteria.
- If you’re looking for a high-quality and beautiful knife that is inspired by ancient Japanese traditions, then the Shun knife is perfect for you. These knives are handcrafted by skilled artisans to create blades that are both beautiful and durable, making them a great choice for any cook.
Mercer Culinary M20907 Genesis 7-Inch Nakiri Vegetable Knife
- This usuba knife is made with high-carbon German steel for better durability and has a taper-ground edge for increased efficiency when cutting.
- This is a review for a set of usuba knives. The reviewer notes the superior design of the knives, including the ergonomic handle which offers a comfortable and non-slip grip.
- The usuba knives reviews state that the sharp tines are perfect for piercing food, and that they are a compliment to any of Mercer Culinary’s Carving Knives. They also say that the knives can easily slice and serve meats like chicken, ham, or turkey.
- The reviewer is describing how to properly care for the carving fork in order to maintain its performance and longevity. They recommend hand-washing with warm water and mild soap, then rinsing and drying completely with a soft towel. They advise against placing the carving fork in the dishwasher or submerging it for long periods of time.
- The Mercer Culinary Genesis Series is a set of knives that is perfect for professional use or the home cooking enthusiast. It is a great addition to any kitchen and is essential for anyone who loves to cook.
Farberware 5158146 EdgeKeeper Utility Knife, 4.5-Inch, Black
- The reviewer liked the knife and found it sharp and useful for precision tasks like slicing and dicing fruits and vegetables.
- The usuba knives reviews is for a shopper who is looking for a knife that is self-sharpening. The EdgeKeeper protective sheath features a built-in sharpener that is designed to sharpen the blade edges with every use. This feature ensures that the blades retain their razor-sharp edge.
- The reviewer is talking about the quality of the blade on the knife, and how it is easy to use for food preparation.
- The usuba knife is designed for comfort while chopping, dicing, and mincing. The ergonomic design provides a secure grip while in use.
- This is a utility knife with a self-sharpening blade cover. It is 4.5 inches long.
- The usuba knives reviews are for a shopper who is looking for an easy care knife. The knife is easy to care for and does not require much maintenance.
Yoshihiro VG-10 16 Layer Hammered Damascus Stainless Steel Nakiri Vegetable Knife (6.5” (165mm))
- The VG-10 Hammered Damascus Series is a line of knives that have been forged and hammered with 16 layers of steel in the Damascus tradition. The knives have a VG-10 Core, which is a type of steel that is known for its strength and durability. The knives in this series have been very popular with shoppers, as they offer a combination of performance, beauty, and value.
- The Nakiri is a Japanese double edged knife with a flat cutting edge, which is popular among cooks. The flatness allows the whole length of the knife to come in contact with the cutting board with each stroke, which is helpful when chopping vegetables.
- This is a review for a type of knife called a usuba knife. This knife is said to be good for chopping vegetables, and is also described as being beautiful and functional.
- The reviewer describes the knife as being proudly made in Japan and complimented with a premium Western Style Handle. They also state that the knife is ergonomically welded to the hand for seamless use and that the hammered texture of the blade eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade.
- The reviewer is discussing the traditional values of Japanese knife making, which emphasize a sharp edge. They recommend only using water whetstones for sharpening and honing, and advise that the knives should only be hand-washed and dried. They also caution against using the knives on hard objects like bones or nutshells, or on frozen foods.
- The Nakiri is a traditional Japanese vegetable knife that is great for chopping and slicing vegetables. It has a thin and flat blade edge that makes full contact with the cutting surface for a full cut with less chance for vegetables to still be sticking together by a thread.
- The shopper is looking at a set of three knives with a VG-10 Japanese stainless steel center core. The knives have a HRC 60, which means they are extremely sharp and will retain their edge for a long time. The knives are also easy to sharpen.
- The usuba knife has a 16 layer hammered outer steel design that is stylish and functional. It eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade.
- This usuba knife review is for a shopper who is looking for a knife with a premium Mahogany wood handle. The full tang construction of the knife provides a well balanced knife for seamless use.
- If you’re looking for an entry-level chef’s knife, this is a great option. It’s handcrafted in Japan by skilled tradesmen, so it’s of excellent quality. It comes ready to use out of the box, but you should hand wash it and sharpen it on quality whetstones to keep it in good condition.
Usuba Knives Reviews Faqs
1. What are the best usuba knives for the money?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as there are many great usuba knives on the market, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. However, some of the best usuba knives for the money include the Shun Classic Usuba Knife, the MAC Professional Usuba Knife, and the Tojiro DP Usuba Knife.
2. What are the best usuba knives for the home kitchen?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preferences. Some people might prefer a traditional Japanese usuba knife while others might prefer a more modern Western-style usuba knife. Ultimately, the best usuba knife for the home kitchen is the one that best suits the individual’s needs and preferences.
3. What are the best usuba knives for professional chefs?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best usuba knife for a professional chef depends on their individual needs and preferences. However, some popular usuba knives among professional chefs include the Masamoto KS, the Misono UX10, and the Shun Premier.
4. What are the best usuba knives for slicing vegetables?
There are a few different types of usuba knives, each with their own advantages. The best usuba knife for slicing vegetables depends on the type of vegetable you’re slicing and your personal preferences.For example, a Nakiri usuba is great for slicing vegetables like cabbage or carrots. The thin, sharp blade is perfect for making thin, even slices.A Santoku usuba is also a good choice for slicing vegetables. It has a shorter, wider blade that is perfect for chopping vegetables like potatoes or onions.Finally, aDeba usuba is a good choice for slicing tough vegetables like turnips or squash. The thick, heavy blade can handle these tough vegetables with ease.
5. What are the best usuba knives for chopping vegetables?
The best usuba knives for chopping vegetables are those with a sharp, thin blade. The best usuba knives are also lightweight and have a comfortable grip.
There are many great usuba knives reviews on the market. Our list of the best usuba knives reviews will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.