The M130 represents a major breakthrough in knife sharpening technology. This is a compact machine uses innovative technology, to sharpen all manner of knives. The M130 Chef’s Choice has been carefully designed so that it can sharpen even the most bluntest knife blade and make it as good as factory new. Many professional Chef’s, with decades of experience, have purchased the Chef s Choice 130 and have rated it as top class.
There are many brands of knife sharpeners in the market, but the Chef s Choice 130 truly stands apart. For starters, it is user friendly and with the precision guides, all you have to do is start the sharpener, place the knife in the appropriate slot and in a few seconds the blade will have such a very sharp edge.
Features of the Chef’s Chefs Choice 130:
- It is user friendly and its operation is simple and smooth.
- It is one of the quietest machines available in the market.
- It is an electric sharpener with 100% diamond abrasives. These diamond abrasives last the full service life of the sharpener.
- It sharpens, steels and strops almost all types and shapes of knives available in the market.
- It uses a super hardened miniature steel, flexible stropping disk. Since the disk is super hardened it is extremely resistant to wear and tear.
- To ensure that the sharpness of the blades are perfect, the sharpener has angle guides, which makes it easy for anyone to use. No experience is needed.
- The machine adjusts the angle proper slot angle automatically. This makes it easy for both right and left hander’s to use the machine.
Other Useful Features and Information about the Chef S Choice M130:
- The sharpener has four stabilizing feet for stable operation.
- It has compact dimensions of only 10 x 10 x 4 inches. It weighs only 4.8 pounds. Shipped weight is 5 pounds. It will fit snugly in any part of your kitchen.
- It is backed with a limited 3 year warranty.
- It can be used with a standard 110V household power outlet. It has UL approval.
- To order just quote the Amazon Standard Identification No. (ASIN): B000CSK0DM. Model no. is 0130506.
- It has Amazon Best Seller Rank of 3317 in Kitchen cum Dining plus is ranked No. 25 in Kitchen + Dining > Kitchen Knives + Cutlery > Kitchen Sharpeners.
- Shipping – This sharpener can be shipped to any part of USA. There is a limited option of shipping to some places outside US too.
Description of the Chef s Choice Model 130 Stations:
The sharpness of the blade is the essence of a good knife. It can be any type of knife such as a Chef’s Gourmet knife, sports knife, serrated knife, pocket knife etc., but if the blade is not sharp, it is almost useless. This is where a user friendly, highly efficient sharpener, such as the chef s choice 130 knife sharpener comes in handy.
This sharpener has been designed for use by anyone. You need not be an expert. Start the machine and just place the knife in the appropriate slot, the angle guide will adjust the blade to the proper angle for the sharpest cutting edge. It has been designed so that even a left handed person need not fumble around when using it.
The Chefs Choice knife sharpener 130 works in three stages. Stage 1 consists of 100% diamond abrasives and this sharpens the edge. Since diamonds are the hardest substances on earth, the diamond abrasive easily does its work of sharpening the edge.
Stage 2 consists of a miniature steel disk that has been super hardened. When the knife blade is moved through this stage it imparts an extremely sharp edge with microscopic teeth that are ultra sharp.
In Stage 3, an innovative, state of the art flexible stropping disk, gives the final polish to the edge and makes it so sharp that it is as good as new.
By using a combination of these three stages it is possible to customize your blade sharpness so that it suits a particular job.
Trying Chefs Choice M130 Out:
The best way to test a product is to try it out. I assembled a selection of different knives. Some of them were old and had not been used for years. After starting the machine, I took a reasonably sharp knife and put it in the second stage slot. I pulled it out evenly and slowly towards me. The self adjusting guide mechanism worked to perfection. I could feel the blade being sharpened. Wow! It just took a few seconds for the blade to come out razor sharp. The results were the same for the other blades too. The old knife came out looking like a “youngster”. It had got its old sharpness back.
Most of the customer reviews were positive on Amazon.com. It has received a rating of 4.5 out of a maximum 5 stars. Here are a few comments made by some satisfied customers on Amazon.
- Marj3246 said “Highly recommended. Being a huge fan of America’s Test Kitchen I couldn’t wait to buy this sharpener. It is as great as they say. You won’t be disappointed and you’ll the edge it puts.”
- A. Young said “Good Sharpening, surprisingly good service. We got the platinum model about 3 years ago and it sharpened long-dull knives nicely. I eventually threw the receipt away. A few months ago the blades didn’t turn any more. I sent it to Edgecraft and asked for a quote to repair it. The sent it back after one month, repaired but at no cost. Nice! Now it sharpens nicely again and I don’t have to landfill yet another impossible-to-repair small appliance.
- A review from a Chef Greg W. Moss “Greg Moss” (Seattle Wa.) who said “I am an Executive Chef and have worked in a kitchen for over 25 years. I purchased this sharpener about a month ago and so far I am very satisfied. If you read the manual it is very easy to use. I was at first worried about taking too much metal off my knives. As long as you do not overuse the first stage that should not be a problem.
The Chef s choice model 130 professional sharpening station has been given the thumbs up by the customers. They seem to like the user friendly features and the sharpness it imparts to the knife. It is currently priced at $149.95 at Amazon.com. This product gives value for money and is worth purchasing.